Frequently Asked Questions about Dryer Vent Cleaning
1. Why should I have my dryer vent system professionally cleaned?
- Reduce the risk of a dryer related fire
- Shorten drying times, number of dry cycles
- Save money on utility bills
- Reduce allergens in your home
- Extend the life of your dryer
- Preserve your clothes
2. How often should my dryer vent be cleaned?
Households of 1 person = every 2 years
2 – 4 people = annually
4+ people = 6 months to a year
3. How do I know if my dryer vent needs cleaning?
- If you have never had your dryer vent cleaned
- If your clothes take an unusually long amount of time to dry
- If you can see lint build-up in and around the vent hood – (Usually located on the outside of your home)
- If your dryer seems to run hotter than normal
4. How long does it take to clean my dryer vent?
Usually an hour to an hour and a half depending on undetermined factors such as the severity of lint build-up, disconnected duct work, replacement of a damaged vent hood, etc…
Call us today at (813) 951-2024 or use our online contact form to schedule an appointment!